Monday, February 6, 2012

Adored this Week

Bright Pastel nails! I know that February has just begun and NY is still pretty cold this time of year, but I can't help but using these bright pastel colors from Essie...

I tried a new technique that I had seen on Pinterest and put my own spin on it. I used two coats of Lapis of Luxury and my quick dry top coat. When I was sure that my nails were totally dry, I began making strokes of Mint Candy Apple in a staircase pattern. I tried to fix empty spots as best as possible and when I knew the frill paint was dry, I added another layer of quick dry top coat. I know the results are not salon perfect, but I'm proud of my unsteady hand's accomplishments!


Now that I know that this is way easier than it looked, I'll be sure to try in more colors. I would suggest using a creamier color or darker color as your frill so you don't have to do too many coats and potentially mess up the pattern! Here's to keeping February happy and bright!


Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment