Friday, February 24, 2012

Two tone nails

I must admit, nail art is my new favorite obsession! I love all of the ideas I find on Pinterest and I've been trying my hardest to recreate my favorites! What I'm loving right now are some diagonal bold two-toned nails! Here's try #1...
I used Milani polish in Black Magic as the base and when that dried, I applied Essie's Mint Candy Apple using the tape trick. I waited until the Mint Candy Apple dried and pulled off the tape. I should have just left as is, but I decided to add polka dots with Milani Nail Art in White Canvas. Added top coat when the dots dried and voila! If I were to do this color combo again, I would definitely only use one coat of each color (because they're dark/bold enough) because this was entirely too much polish. Took forever to dry and I ended up making a mess of them after just a few hours.

So...since I could not walk around with bare nails for too long, I decided to try another color combo. This time, I stuck with Milani Black Magic, but used Essie's Glamour Purse as the top (no dots). I like this simple art deco-y look for my weekend with friends in the city!
As you can tell, I am not the best nail artist, but am pretty proud of my new found tricks to make my nails cute! Obviously, I need to clean up a bit, but you get the idea! Happy Friday and enjoy the weekend!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment