Thursday, April 5, 2012

spring has SPRUNG in the Bronx

After 4 years of going to the Bronx multiple times (to visit my sister at Fordham) and 4 years of living in the Bronx (my time at Fordham), I never once made it to the Orchid Show at the New York Botanical Gardens. Although it was about a one minute walk from the entrance of campus, my empty college student pockets never allowed me to go to the show. So this year I was determined to make it happen! And what a joy it was! Will and I went to Orchid Evenings where a DJ was spinning some fancy French pop music and we perused the show with a complimentary cocktail in hand. The flowers were gorgeous and I loved going at night when they light up in the inside of the conservatory. Here are some pictures of my favorite orchids from the night!







 Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment